Young people from Israel - ConAct is looking for you!
ConAct hosts each year since 2013, one volunteer from Germany and one volunteer from Israel.
A volunteer service with ConAct offers engagement in the exciting field of international youth work between Germany and Israel as well as the participation and potential involvement in running projects for professionals and young people (seminars, events, exchange programs etc.). Each volunteer is creates an own project within the scope of our activities and implements it throughout the volunteer year. The work of the volunteer takes place mostly in the ConAct office, therefore the volunteer lives in Lutherstadt Wittenberg.
Fields of activity for a ConAct volunteer
• Assistance in the organization of public events and seminars
• Assistance in the project-development work and research tasks
• Developing means and materials to communicate the life of young people in Israel to young people in Germany
• Take an active part in preparing youth groups from Germany for their encounter with youth groups in Israel
Further tasks will be decided according to preference and experience of the volunteer. Primarily office work; full time job (40 hours a week).
• Ability to work in a small team as well as independently, to self-organize and construct an own schedule
• Strong communication and collaboration skills
• Openness to tasks, ideas and work structures beyond the familiar scope
• Strong interest in topics, dynamics and development of German-Israeli relations and youth exchange
• Readiness to work in an office on a federal level, cooperating with many different partners nation-wide
• Capability to connect with people through daily life in Wittenberg and being proactive in developing connections, interests and an engaged daily routine
• The work language in the ConAct office is German. German skills are of advantage, but not a requirement; a high motivation to learn German is necessary
The volunteer is entitled to accommodation, boarding (expenses for food) and pocket money.
ConAct supports the volunteer in finding a language course, if required.
The volunteer service is in the framework of the German Federal Volunteer Program (BFD), in association with the hosting organization “International Youth Community Services” (IJGD: further information).
To learn more about the program and for applications, please contact:
ConAct – Coordination Center German-Israeli Youth Exchange
Tel.: +49 (0)3491/4202-72