ConAct - News
One Year Voluntary Service with ConAct
From September 2018 we are offering a one-year volunteer position for a volunteer from Israel.
The volunteer will work in an interesting field of the international youth work in the bilateral context of Germany and Israel and will be involved in running projects of ConAct (seminars, info events etc.). We especially encourage all volunteers to develop an own project within the scope of our activities and act on her/his own responsibility.
The voluntary position at the ConAct office will be a combined service at two placements: Half of the time will be spent with ConAct and its running projects. The other half of the position will be at a youth club or community center in Wittenberg, including running daily activities.
Field of activity at the ConAct-office
- Assistance with all public events and seminars offered by ConAct
- Assistance with public relations
- Development of information material
Field of activity at the youth club “Pferdestall”
- Working with children and teens, usually 8-16 hours per week
- Creating projects (i.e. workshops, music/art hours for the children etc.)
- Helping with logistics (i.e. organizing the center for the children)
The position requires the following competences:
- ability to work in a small team as well as to work in a self-reliant way
- strong communication skills
- interest in the topics and dynamics of German-Israeli relations
- interest to work in an office on a federal level, cooperating with many different partners
- interest to connect with Germans and daily life in Wittenberg
- knowledge or great motivation to learn German